- Practice Commenced: 2001
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2020): 3000
Tom practiced with an insurance defense firm, Teague Campbell Dennis & Gorham, from 1987 to 2007, where he handled a variety of cases, including personal injury, commercial litigation, and workers' compensation, with a concentration in asbestosis and other occupational disease claims. His experience also includes a number of jury trials in both state and federal court, and he has argued cases before the North Carolina Court of Appeals, the North Carolina Supreme Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Tom became a certified mediator in 2001 and has mediated thousands of cases in a variety of practice areas, including workers' compensation, toxic torts, personal injury, insurance coverage and commercial litigation. From January 2008 to April 2011 he was the resident partner in the Raleigh office of Oxner Thomas & Permar, PLLC, where he concentrated his practice in the representation of plaintiffs in workers' compensation cases. Tom is now a full time mediator and is available for mediations statewide in North Carolina.
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D. 1982
- East Carolina University, B.A. 1975
Memberships & Affiliations
- North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission
- North Carolina Bar Assocation: Co-Chair of Dispute Resolution Section Ethics and Professionalism Committee
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers - Workers' Compensation Section 2008-2011
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys (1987-2007) - Workers' Compensation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association - Dispute Resolution Section
- Speaker at several North Carolina Bar Association seminars on workers' compensation topics
Please email or call for details. No charge for travel anywhere in North Carolina.