Academy MemberMap & Directions
- NEW BERN
- ROCKY MOUNT/ROANOKE RAPIDS AREA
Managing partner in the firm of Dees, Smith, Powell, Jarrett, Dees & Jones, LLP, Michael M. Jones concentrates his practice in civil litigation. He has participated in approximately 200 trials since joining the firm in 1979. He is a past president of the Wayne County Bar Association. He is a past chair of the General Practice Section of the North Carolina Bar Association. He has an AV peer review rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
A certified Superior Court mediator since 1996, Michael M. Jones has conducted over 3,200 mediations. Several mediations reached a settlement in excess of $1,000,000. He is a past member of the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission. He is a member of the North Carolina Academy of Superior Court Mediators.
- Banking & Finance
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1979 - J.D. (Honors: Editor, Law Review
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1976 - A.B. (Honors: Phi Beta Kappa)
Memberships & Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association, General Practice Section, Past Chair
- North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission, Past Member
- Member, North Carolina Academy of Superior Court Mediators
Rates are $225 Administrative Fee; $225 per hour in conference to be billed in quarter-hour increments; no travel fee for Wayne and adjoining counties; otherwise, $150 per hour travel fee.