Academy MemberMap & Directions
Professor Morris is the founder and Director of the Dispute Resolution Institute at NCCU School of Law, the only program of its kind in North Carolina. Currently, he supervises the Alternative Dispute Resolution Clinic and teaches courses related to alternative dispute resolution. Professor Morris has taught Torts, Contracts, Administrative Law, Workers' Compensation, Remedies and Employment Law.
Professor Morris has served as a speaker and trainer at mediation seminars for the American Bar Association's Dispute Resolution Section, the North Carolina Office of State Personnel, the North Carolina League of Municipalities, and Carolina Dispute Settlement Services, among others.
Professor Morris is the co-author of North Carolina Law of Torts, 2nd edition (Lexis, 1999) and has written widely on tort liability and risk management in various industries and professions and on governmental immunity.
He is a member of the bar in North Carolina and Florida.
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Land Use/Planning
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
- LL.M., Harvard Law School
- J.D., summa cum laude, North Carolina Central University School of Law
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Dispute Resolution Commission 2007-10
- Board of Directors, Mediation Network of North Carolina
- Member, Dispute Resolution Section, ABA
- Member, Dispute Resolution Section, NC Bar Association
$100 per party administrative fee; $250 per hour.